In a candid hour-long online question and answer session Lincolnshire’s Provincial Grand Master Dave Wheeler and his team have answered questions from members as far afield as Long Sutton and Brigg.
Amongst the questions posed was one about the impact of Covid-19 on subscriptions, which Provincial treasurer Steve Hallberg was able to answer comprehensively. His answer forms part of the recording of the session, which you can view here.
The Q&A broke new ground for the Province, turning to technology as a substitute for face-to-face meetings during the current crisis. It provided a way for members to get formal answers from people in the know to things that were on their mind.
Said Dave: “About 80 people registered to take part, and some very important questions were asked. I’m confident the answers were of value not only to the people who asked the questions, but also to everyone else who listened in. But more than that, going online provided an opportunity for us to share time together, which we have otherwise been forced to sacrifice in response to the pandemic.”
Feedback from those who took part included:
- Good job last night, well done. Very worthwhile exercise. Look forward to the next one.
- I thought the oom Q&A was brill (after I sorted my access to the site)
- Thank you very much to you and the rest of the provincial team for providing an informative session. I am aware this a new method of communication but it was well managed. It also gave an insight into some the ways forward out of this dreadful situation.
- Just a quick note to say thanks for the Zoom get-together. It was very informative and of course it was good to hear all that was said.
- Most informative and enjoyable. I know how much we are missing our Lodge meetings but in their absence it is so good
that we are still able to ‘meet’, and remain involved in Masonry in this way.
- Thank you for your endeavours which enabled me to listen in. It did strike me that Common Sense, and reference to the B of C will sort out a lot of the current problems.
- An enjoyable hour with the Provincial Team. Thank you.
- Thanks very much to yourself & all your team for a very enjoyable & above all very informative meeting. I look forward to the next one! It was also nice to put faces to the names I hear at meetings & toasts as well!
- Well done to all, the meeting was very informative and enjoyable to watch, some interesting points were made. Look forward to the next one.
- Brilliant evening of information and qualification of issues. Thank you and the team so much for a very valuable time.
- Excellent meeting. Well done everyone.