Lincoln-based Freemasons held an open day between 10.00 – 15.00 on Saturday 9th June 2018. This was the first such event to be held at the Nightingale since it opened in 2013. The purpose of the open day was to enable people to have:
• Open Access to the Masonic Hall with guided tours of the Lodge Room.
• Explanations of Freemasonry by experienced Freemasons.
• Displays illustrating Masonic History and regalia.
• An insight into our Charitable Work.
• An opportunity to view the Nightingale Rooms that are available for hire.
• The chance to learn how to become a member and to take that interest forward.
All the Lincoln lodges were represented during the day and the event was well planned and coordinated by a small committee who allocated tasks ahead of the open day. Light refreshments were available and many visitors took advantage of them giving them a chance to ask questions in an informal and relaxed atmosphere.