Just five weeks remain before the deadline for applications for the role of Provincial Membership Officer, which will become vacant at the Provincial Grand Lodge meeting in May 2021 when David Price will, at his request, step down from the role.
Some applications have been received, but PGM Dave Wheeler is keen that no-one who would like to be considered for the role should miss the opportunity.
He said: “During David’s time in office he has been a tremendous asset to the Province, and his decision creates an opportunity for a successor to build on the progress he has achieved and take the role forward.
“I invite all Brethren who wish to be considered for this position to submit an expression of interest in writing, of no more than 500 words, explaining what skills they could bring to the role and how they see it developing in the future.”
The successful candidate will report to Assistant PGM Peter Brooks and will liaise with the various Centre/Area Membership Officers who work closely with Lodge Membership Officers.
Applications should be clearly marked ‘Provincial Membership Officer application’, and should arrive at the Provincial office no later than Friday 30thOctober.
- Promote, coordinate, motivate, encourage and assist Lodges to develop and implement the Provincial membership strategy, enabling them to attract, introduce and retain suitable new members in line with the Members Pathway
- Report to the Assistant Provincial Grand Master with overall responsibility for Membership issues
- Be the point of contact for the local and area representative network and also directly with Lodge Membership Officers (LMO’s) as required
- Deliver presentations on the Members Pathway and related topics
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Provincial Grand Mentor
- Encourage joint working and collaboration between Lodges in the same centres.
- Represent the Province at regional and national events
- Organise workshops/presentations for LMOs and others.
- Take responsibility for the initial assessment of internet referrals and refer them to the relevant Area /Centre representative
- Direct inward migrating masons to the relevant Area/Centre representative
- Maintain a record of internet applications and referrals.
- Produce an annual Provincial report on membership issues and other reports, as requested, from time to time
- To undertake such other duties relating to membership issues as may be determined from time to time by the Provincial Grand Master
- An effective communicator and leader who can motivate and enthuse others
- Evidence success in having developed, managed and completed projects
- Exhibit excellent people and team leadership skills
- Provide clear commitment to the objectives of the role and its purpose
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Members Pathway
- Experience and/or qualification in education and training techniques
- Competence in the use of audio-visual media and presentation skills